Law Firm Pro Bono Docket
Each year ISLP works with scores of firms whose lawyers provide, pro bono, desk-based assistance, research and analysis to NGO and developing country government clients who otherwise would not have access to such vital assistance. ISLP is deeply grateful to firms for this support.
"We would like to express our deep appreciation for your preparation of the Comparative Analysis...The document will provide a great contribution to the discussion on the implementation of the law which penalizes acts of Racism and Discrimination that was recently signed by the President of Colombia." - Representante Legal, the National Movement for Human Rights of Afro-Colombians - CIMARRÓN
- Preparation of regulations for Liberia's Public Procurement and Concessions Act.
- Assistance with the Democratic Republic of Congo's draft hydrocarbons law.
- Assistance with the new petroleum policy of a post-conflict country.
- Briefing paper on the case backlog and improvements at the African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights.
- Advice on Sudanese law relating to the forcible eviction of Sudanese families.
- Briefing paper on the state's duty to investigate human rights violations.
- Briefing paper on the applicability of fair hearing guarantees in civil and administrative proceedings.
- Advice on the drafting of a foreign trade law for the Palestinian Territories.
- Assistance with the legal and regulatory framework of Libya's petroleum sector.
- Assistance in developing a "REDD" Project (reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation in developing countries) in Peru.
- Provision of comments on a proposed draft law and national policy on microfinance in Haiti.
- Incorporation and advice on corporate governance for an independent loan-making entity in Haiti.
- Analysis of the draft Inter-American Convention against Racism and All Forms of Discrimination and Intolerance.
- Analysis of a draft anti-discrimination law in Colombia.
- Draft protective measures for threatened Afro-Colombian leaders.
- Report regarding government harassment of independent radio stations in Peru.
- Research on substantive law and procedures for bringing eviction actions in Haiti.
- Drafting of accessibility regulations for the Haitian Secretariat for the Rights of Disabled Persons .
- Comparative research for proposed legislation providing public access to urban and rural planning records in China.
- Comparative research for proposed reforms to laws governing compulsory takings of farmland in China.
- Memorandum on standing before the European Court of Human Rights for civil society representatives of severely disabled persons.
- Memorandum on gender discrimination in access to medical treatment in Poland.
- Memorandum on the treatment of unfair commercial practices under European Law.
- Memorandum on the viability of certain claims for reparations in Europe.
- Intervenor's brief in a case on before the European Court of Human Rights aimed at protecting lawyers' offices from searches.
- Assistance regarding the "Conflict Minerals" and "Extractive Industry Disclosure" provisions of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
- Review and provision of comments to the Mining Law Committee of the International Bar Association with respect to its Model Mining Development Agreement Project.